I am an artist living in the southern part of Poland, at the interface of two regions: Upper Silesia and the Basin. My main strategy is not to be focused on one area, but to be open to the broadly understood world of art. I am characterized by greed to learn new fields or techniques, which are sometimes not directly related to my current activities but enrich them. Looking for additional roads next to the beaten paths accompanies me all the time. I try to challenge and test the dogmas of art in order to engage in polemics with them.
I deal with a variety of subjects in my work. There are several main trends:
- Research into the theory of art. Looking for answers where is the picture, what does it consist of It is a balance between abstraction and ephemeral and conceptual art.
- Being in nature and living in harmony with it. Here, my garden and suburban green areas became the field of activity. Those places inspire me with vegetation and provide the elements needed for painting.
- A man who appears in my paintings as a model / actor, treated superficially as a set of behaviors and stereotypes that I evaluate or interpret in my own fashion. I observe myself and others, trying to alleviate our thoughts through art therapy. I make an unusual contact with the dead, who interest me much more than alive people around us. It is with them that I have plunged many times into the sphere of another dimension to look at our ordinary, earthly life from a distance.
Born in 1993 in Katowice. Grew up and still lives in Gródków near Będzin. Graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice. She studied painting there and obtained her diploma with distinction in 2017 in Jacek Rykała’s studio. Kozera explores visual arts, mostly drawing and video; she makes installations. She has had 11 individual exhibitions and took part in several dozen of group exhibitions in Poland and abroad. In 2015 she qualified for the finale of the Bielsko Autumn Painting Biennial. In 2017 she won anhonourable mention in the “Promocje” young painting competition in Legnica. Winner of Grand Prix at the Still Life Triennial in Sieradz in 2018. In 2019, she received the Marshal of the Silesian Voivodeship award for young artists. In 2020, in April, she was awarded an honorary award by the Gray Cube Gallery – Merit Award. In May 2020, she was awarded the Będzin Staroste Award in the field of Artistic Creation, Promotion and Protection of Culture. In May 2020, her project “Nie bez Kozery” was supported by a scholarship from the Minister of Culture and National Heritage in the Kultura w Sieci program.
- 2019/2020 – „Zielnik”, BWA Gallery, Sieradz.
- 2019 – „Światło-Ciemność-Światło”, Sielecki Castle, Extravagance Gallery, Sosnowiec.
- 2019 – „Nic Dwa razy”, Palace of Schoen Museum, Trójkąt w Kole Gallery, Sosnowiec.
- 2018 – Instalation „Narastanie”, Kiosk Sztuki Gallery, Lublin.
- 2018 – „Periculum”, MCK Giganty Mocy Gallery, Bełchatów.
- 2018 – Ewa Kozera’s Exibition, Inny Śląsk Gallery, Tarnowskie Góry.
- 2018 – „Teren Prywatny”, Stacja Artystyczna Rynek Gallery, Gliwice.
- 2018 – „Nie-miejsca”, Duży Pokój Gallery, Warsaw.
- 2018 – „Laboratorium Obrazu” Wierze KWK Polska Gallery, Świętochłowice.
- 2017 – „Procesja” GSW Elektrownia Gallery, Czeladź.
- 2017 – „Gdzie jest Obraz” GOK Gródków.
- 2016 – „Abstrakcja” Pojedyncza Gallery, Górnośląskie Centrum Kultury, Katowice.
- 2015 – Performance Exhibition of paintings at the cemetery in Będzin-Łagisza.
- 2019 – XX Festiwal Sztuki Wysokiej 2019 pt. „Nieustannie”, Bytom.
- 2018 – Festiwal Tehlaren with collective clear, Liptowski Mikulasz, Slowakia.
- 2018 – „100 obrazów na stulecie niepodległości Polski” Dwór Artusa, Omega Gallery, Dom Muz, Toruń.
- 2017 – Jak jest?, Labirynt Gallery, Lublin.
- 2017 – International Curatorial Project Connect, Rondo Sztuki Gallery, Katowice.
- 2017 – „Dyplomy”, BWA Gallery, Katowice.
- 2017 – 18 Festiwal Sztuki Wysokiej, Stalowe Anioły Gallery, Bytom.
- 2017 – „Obrazy z Natury” Stacja Artystyczna Rynek Gallery, Gliwice.
- 2017 – „Śląski Kafka”, City Art Gallery, Częstochowa.
- 2017 – Proszę się rozejść! tu nie ma na co patrzeć, Pojedyncza Gallery, Górnośląskie Centrum Kultury, Katowice.
- 2016 – International Curatorial Project Connect, Ply Gallery, Hornsey Town Hall, The Broadway, London.
- 2016/2017 -Exhibition of the Painting Studio 2016 of Professor Jacek Rykała , GSW Elektrownia Gallery, Czeladź.
- 2016 -Exhibition of students from the studio of Professor Jacek Rykała , Plus Gallery, Rondo Sztuki, Katowice.
- 2016 – 17 Festiwal Sztuki Wysokiej 2016 ”, Stalowe Anioły Gallery, Bytom.
- 2016 – Projects: Topografia/Topos/Wolności and Śląski Kafka, Szyb Wilson Gallery, Katowice.
- 2015 – „Po co jest sztuka?”, „Po Schodach” Gallery, City Museum, Siemianowice Śląskie.
- 2015 – „Myśleć jak Leonardo…”, Zagłębie’s Palace of the Culture Gallery, Dąbrowa Górnicza.
- 2012 – Festiwal „Golden Vision” Huta Uthemanna, Katowice.